Rue de Bretagne is committed to protecting your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal data and we will be happy to assist you.
Table of contents
- Definitions used in this policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have over your personal data?
- What personal information we collect about you
- How we use your personal data
- Who else has access to your personal data
- How we secure your data
- Cookie information
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or sets of personal data.
Data subject – a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child – an individual under the age of 16.
Us / we – Rue de Bretagne
Data protection principles
We are committed to the following data protection principles:
- The treatment is legal, fair, transparent. Our processing activities have legitimate reasons. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information about the treatment upon request.
- The treatment is limited to the objective. Our processing activities correspond to the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
- The processing is done with a minimum of data. We collect and process only the minimum amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- The treatment is limited with a period of time. We will not keep your personal data longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
Rights about the data
With regard to your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right to information – which means you need to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is being collected, where it comes from and why and by whom it is being processed.
- Right of access – this means that you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your collected personal data.
- Right of rectification – this means that you have the right to request the rectification or deletion of your personal data that are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – which means that under certain circumstances you can request that your personal data be deleted from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning that under certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – this means in some cases that you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – which means you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right can be exercised whenever there is a result of profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to complain – in the event that we deny your request under the access rights, we will provide you with a reason. If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled, please contact us.
- Right to assistance from the supervisory authority – this means that you have the right to assistance from a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw your consent – you have the right to withdraw any consent given for the processing of your personal data.
Data we collect
– The information you have provided to us
This may include your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc., primarily information needed to deliver a product/service to you or to enhance your customer experience with us. We store the information you provide to us so that you can comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
– Information automatically collected about you
This includes information stored automatically by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your purchase history (if any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or view content on our website, your activities may be recorded.
Public information available
We may collect information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal data to:
- provide you with our service. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you regarding those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and informing you of changes to the Services.
- improve your customer experience
- fulfill a legal or contractual obligation;
We use your personal data for legitimate purposes and/or with your consent.
In order to conclude a contract or to fulfil contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes
- to identify yourself
- to provide you with a service or to send you / offer you a product
- to communicate either for sales or billing
On the basis of a legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes
- to send you personalized offers * (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- to administer and analyze our customers (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety and availability of the products/services offered/supplied
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you similar or identical products / services to your purchase history / browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent, we process your personal data for the following purposes
- send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- for other purposes, we have requested your consent to
We process your personal data in order to fulfill obligations arising from the law and/or use your personal data for the options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize the personal data collected and to use this data. We will only use data outside the scope of this policy if it is anonymized. We retain your billing and other information collected about you for as long as necessary for accounting or other legal purposes, but no longer than 12 months
We may process your personal data for other purposes not listed here, but which are consistent with the original purpose for which the data was collected. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between the purposes, context and nature of the personal data is appropriate for further processing
- further processing will not adversely affect your interests
- there would be an appropriate backup for the treatment.
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Who else can access your personal data
We do not share your personal data.
We disclose your personal data to third parties or officials when we are legally required to do so. We may disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented to this or if there are other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We do our best to protect your personal data. We use secure protocols for communication and data transfer (such as HTTPS). We use anonymization and pseudonymization where appropriate. We monitor our systems for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
While we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of the information. However, we are committed to informing the appropriate authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything reasonably possible to prevent security breaches and assist authorities in the event of a breach.
If you have an account with us, please note that you must keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information used to help make the sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may prevent you from using certain features.
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for you to use certain important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies provide functionality that makes it easier to use our service and allows us to offer more personalized features. For example, they can remember your name and email address in the comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter that information the next time you comment.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can delete the cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. You can also control certain third-party cookies by using a privacy-enhancing platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com .
For more information on cookies, visit the CNIL website
Data Protection Officer
The last amendment was made on April 27, 2018.